**This is a non-PACIE event. Please direct any questions to the sponsoring organization.**
Teachers for Global Classrooms
The U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and IREX are pleased to announce the 2017 application cycle for the Teachers for Global Classrooms (TGC) Program.
TGC is a year-long professional development fellowship for United States elementary, middle, and high school teachers to become leaders in global education.
Applications are due March 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
The program is fully funded by the U.S. Department of State and includes:
- an Online Course that supports integration of global education into curriculum
- a Global Education Symposium in Washington, D.C. with leaders in the global education community;
- a two to three-week International Field Experience;
- Alumni Grant Funding for projects in the classroom, school, and beyond; and
- Continuing Education Units.
TGC is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, and implemented by IREX.
- Current elementary, middle, or high school teachers
- Full-time teachers with five or more years of classroom experience
- U.S. citizenship and current U.S residency
- Ability to travel to a participating TGC country in spring or summer 2018
For more information on the TGC program, please visit the TGC Website.